Self-drive your trip and find some fun and fascinating attractions to enjoy on the way!
Explore Townsville CBD, the Townsville suburbs, Magnetic Island, Ingham, and the Hinchinbrook Way.
- A chilly visit to the Frosty Mango in Mutarnee
- Paddle or jet ski around Magnetic island
- Head to the hills of Townsville and visit the Hervey’s Range Heritage Tea rooms.
- Experience the spectacular Hinchinbrook Way and see Wallaman Falls – the highest single drop waterfall in Australia.
Cairns to Cardwell
If you are exploring the Cairns CBD, the northern beaches, Atherton Tablelands, Mission Beach and the Port Douglas, don't forget to:
- hire a car to explore the magnificent Atherton Tablelands
- visit Mungalli Creek Dairy
- discover and explore amazing wildlife and our cultural heritage at Rainforestation in Kuranda
- on the coastal side of things - explore the Great Barrier reef with Sunlover Cruises.
- indulge in a little retail therapy at DFO.
Port Douglas to Cooktown
Explore Port Douglas, Mossman, Daintree, Cape Tribulation and Cooktown
Port Douglas is renowned for its exquisite dining venues and fresh produce sourced from our region.
Pssss....You must try the fine dining at Zinc, and the famous waterfront Tin Shed for a bucket of chilled prawns.
Mossman Gorge Centre is located only 20km north of Cairns for guided Indigenous walks through pristine rainforests, and the opportunity for a refreshing river swim.
Adlink Media Drive Maps
Pick up your free copy at all tourist information centres.
Available in three sizes, our Drive Maps make self-driving exploration in the far north easy and informative.